What are some of the first words that come to your mind when you hear the word “shed?” Maybe words like “garden,” “dirty,” “outdoors,” or “tools” spring into your head. These seem to be the sorts of things people initially associate with sheds, as they have images of their grandpa’s shed out back where he kept the lawn mower and gardening tools. However, this certainly isn’t the only thing a shed is good for. Having such a narrow image restricts all the different ways a shed can be used to improve your home. To help get your imagination firing, here are some more creative ways to use a shed.
- Home Office – Sheds can provide the perfect getaway for a home office, where you can be detached from distractions to be ultra-productive.
- Playroom – Your kids will thank you forever for a fun outdoor playroom, where they can build forts and play with their toys outside.
- Craft Area – Put up a few shelves, some bins, and a table to create a craft room where the kids can make a mess designing their creations.
- Animal Shelter – Sheds can provide shelter for your outdoor pets like cats and dogs, but they also make great chicken coops.
- Exercise Room – Don’t worry about spending lots of money on gym fees or stinking up your house; just pop outside to your shed gym that’s equipped with weights or turned into a yoga studio.
- Reading Den – A lot of people use sheds as a sitting room where they can get some peace and quiet away from the noisiness of the house, reading and sipping tea in their very own space.
- Guest House – Yes, people have turned larger sheds into guest houses! It makes guests feel like they aren’t intruding since they are out of the way and gives them a space to unwind at the end of the day.
- Workshop – The ultimate tool shed could have its own work bench and supplies so you can get busy on all your hobbies while not cluttering up the garage.
- Game Room – Hang a dart board, put in a billiard or poker table, and invite your friends over for a game night!
- Art Studio – Tired of making a mess at your kitchen table? Retire to your outdoor art studio where you can let the creativity flow uninhibited by distractions or other concerns.
- Music Room – Is that drum set you bought your kid for Christmas getting old yet? Turn a shed into a music room so you can keep your sanity and your child can keep practicing.
Find the Right Shed for You
Are you inspired yet? The sky is the limit for a brand new shed. At Superior Sheds, we have many different shapes and sizes available for you to realize your vision. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about whether your shed can stand up to Florida’s severe storms and heat, since we build our sheds specifically to withstand anything that our weather throws at them. Contact us today to get started on your shed project.